Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Jyotika out

After the horrid events of last Friday, it was no surprise that a silence would take over. The awful singing? The deranged dancers? The ridiculous walk-out? Ganesh’s not-so-fashionable tie? Sammy??! Who knows what left the poor man in a state of anguish and despair. All I can tell you is that watching a show like this sometimes, simply is too much for innocent souls like us. So… hang in there brother Sproutie, our thoughts are with you! Monday 18 December: When I was watching this show, my thoughts shouted in disbelief the most foul things, I ever heard and just when things were starting to look like a verbal inferno I thought: “Darling, you’re not supposed to care this much about a show”. It’s 5:06 a bit too late (or too early) to go into detail about last week, but I hope you agree with me that it’s tiresome to try and write something positive about something that is so appalling. I refuse to believe that Palash Sen meant one word of what he said and I don’t get the reactions by the contestants. The crying, the oh-please come back - it all seemed like a sugar coated high-school play. I just can’t believe that they like this guy so much (yes, see how arrogant I am? I can’t believe that people have opinions that differ from mine. *sigh*) that they hug him and cry their eyeballs out for him. If they were really upset (and I believe that Jyotika Sharma really was upset) then that’s one more reason to detest Palash. I thought his justification of his actions by saying “I’m an emotional man” was stupid. It’s like saying that Aileen Wournos was suffering from PMS. So Palash, do me a favour and take that pill from under your tongue and swallow it. It would be nice to have one episode without drama! Carrying on, in this weeks bottom three were: Rakesh Sharma I love this guy. His calm, slightly snob – like and abstracted appearance is pleasant to watch. No need to say that I thought it was injustice to see him in the bottom three. Perhaps his rendition of “Ya Ali” wasn’t all that but Maestros like Aditya Jassi and Alok Chaubey would have been better candidates for the bottom-three. Ah, well you can’t have everything right. Jyotika Sharma Yes, in bottom three again. Agreed her singing wasn’t up to mark, but I applaud her for still looking great in the world’s ugliest dress and compared to some of the others, she really didn’t belong in bottom three. Priyanka The tear-factor. Why did they gave her that ‘I’m-a-waitress-in-Aladdin-dress’ to wear? It doesn’t make sense and neither does the comparison to Britney make sense. Although… the comment did come from a man, who was dressed in polyester. Anyway, Rakesh was voted back in, Woehoe! Tuesday 19 December: Nothing much. The only thing worth mentioning was Rehaan Khan’s funny/cute struggle with the work-outs. Rehaan… even girls don’t do girly push-ups! Be a soldier my man! Priyanka and Jyotika had to practice for Wednesday’s show and for a moment I wished that Rakesh was in bottom two. Wednesday 20 December: Just a question… is it me, my television, the remote control or does Shilpa has the tendency to shout real loud at the end of a sentence? Anyway, I was able to look at this show with a merry heart. Jyotika and Priyanka started a Jugalbandi. The most notable thing about this was Priyanka’s rendition of the Ketchup song. (I didn’t say it was good, I said it was notable. *Sigh*!) Jyotika sang “Laga Laga Laga Premrog”, it was cute and if not for that bloody nose ring it was pleasant to watch. Priyanka sang “Humko Maloom Hai” (Jaan-E-mann) I don’t know why they gave her such a difficult song. Liked her top not her singing and hoped that Jyotika would be voted in. Thursday 21 December: Jyotika got voted out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch Indian Idol 5 Latest Videos

Enter your E-mail address :-

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers