Wednesday, April 05, 2006

LAST TWO FINALIST


LAST TWO FINALIST


April 5: As the Indian Idol 2 talent-hunt approaches its grand finale, the two finalists - N C Karunya and Sandeep Acharya - are upbeat about their chances of winning the coveted title.
A crore rupee of prize money with a one-year musical contract with Sony TV will be the treasure of the winner.
The TV audience in not only India but even abroad are going crazy behind the realty show 'Indian Idol - 2'
Credibility at a premium
At the same time there has been almost a national-level debate on the selection pattern of the reality shows. On the one hand, there was that shocking episode of the judges Anu Malik, Farah Khan and Sonu Nigam walking out of the show protesting over the elimination of a certain talented artiste with their decision being overruled by the phone-in voting.
On the other hand, the credibility of voting is in question. And it is not without basis. The nation's voting can be influenced and certainly manipulated. Any contestant or his lobby can financially sponsor the SMS's from across the country and tilt the balance in his favour. This is a serious matter that has to be taken into account by the TV channels.
Further, if the phone-in ballot rules the show, what are the judges there for? No wonder Anu Malik came out with a biting remark which almost sounded like the judges were made to look like fools. It is a different matter if some cynics feel that even the protest walk-out was stage-managed so as to boost the hype of the show.
At the end of it all, there are even more cynics who insist that most Indians who have already become addicted to the idiot box and turned into couch potatoes are now become 'Indian Idles' under the influence of 'Indian Idol'.
As two considered the best have reached the finals through the public vote, let's hear what the contestants say.

N C Karunya
Date of Birth: March 1, 1986 Place of Birth: Hyderabad Currently Residing in: Hyderabad Education: B-Tech (Third Year) in Electronics & Communications Family: Father, Mother & Younger Sister
Karunya says "I am very confident about myself. But being confident isn't enough. I also need public support.
Do people really say I'll be the Indian Idol? There's a lot of difference between what's said and the voting pattern.
Why, I don't know. Yes, I know the judges love me. I am very thankful to them. No matter what the results would be, I intend to pursue a career in singing in Mumbai.
I gave up my engineering and came from Hyderabad only to become an Indian Idol not to be the first or second runner-up. But if I don't win the title, I won't lose confidence. I'll think God has bigger plans for me.
Fan following? It's suddenly on me and I have no choice but to deal with it. It does feel nice. But the attention embarrasses me. I wonder what my parents back home in Hyderabad would be thinking."


Sandeep Acharya
Date of Birth: February 4, 1984 Place of Birth: Bikaner Currently Residing in: Bikaner Education: Bachelor of Science Family: Father, Mother, 2 Sisters & a Brother
Sandeep says "Yes, I am nervous about the outcome. But the stress to perform isn't that much any longer. I know I have made it to the top three. I am doing my best. I consider the competition to be really tough.
I am from Bikaner and have been struggling in Mumbai for three years. My aim is to be a playback singer. My struggle to sing well will continue even after Indian Idol."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch Indian Idol 5 Latest Videos

Enter your E-mail address :-

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers