Wednesday, May 10, 2006

KARUNYA SINGING





KARUNYA SING IN MUNNABHAI
Mumbai: N C Karunya may have lost the Indian Idol title. But the 20-year-old must have hardly expected that his dream of becoming a playback singer would come true so soon.
And he definitely might not have thought, that his big Bollywood break would come in the form of the sequel of film Munnabhai,
Producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra who has introduced many new talents to the industry, has an interesting anecdote to share, about his chancing upon Karunya.
“I do not watch TV so I had no idea about him. It was my sister actually, who called me from L A. She was crying on the phone as she was sad about Karunya losing the Indian Idol title.
I told her I didn’t know him, and she was surprised. It was then I called up Shantanu and asked him to find out who Karunaya was,” Chopra says.
As for Karunya he is also in awe of Chopra.
"As soon as the I sang the song for the first time, which was completed in 15 minutes, and it was all right. Vinodji came and hugged me tight for it. He calls me nani which means child,” Karunya says.




After music director Annu Malik did the score for the first part of Munnabhai, and the street lingo that has been used in the film, has caught on with the crowd. The sequel will have a new composer.
Music composer Shantanu Moitra who had composed music for the film Hazaron Khwahishen Aisi, has been handed over the reins this time.
Moitra, still enjoying the success of the Parineeta, is aware of the expectations from him. But he says, he's not really bothered by it.
“I will be trekking somewhere in August. So I will be far away. I don’t know about the expectations. But I am very confident about my work that I do.
I had never expected Parineeta to be such a big hit, So, you don’t know. Life is always better if you don’t expect much,” Moitra says.
Composing music for the Munnabhai sequel could be a big break for Moitra, but Karunya has some tough competition for the same soundtrack. Actors Sanjay Dutt and Arshad Warsi have also recorded one of the film's songs in their own voices.
The film releases in August. So it is time to get ready for another Jadoo Ki Jhappi.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch Indian Idol 5 Latest Videos

Enter your E-mail address :-

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers