Monday, June 19, 2006

Neha kakar

Idol-finalist flooded with sympathy after ‘death’

Call it a comedy of error, but Neha Kakkar, an Indian Idol finalist, was hardly amused. She had been declared dead by the TV channels and newspapers.
“I am alive. I am very much alive," shouted the 18-year old in the phone. “God I can’t explain how it feels to be declared dead when you are alive. I and my family are struggling hard to tell people that it’s not me who committed suicide last night.”
It was another Neha Kakkar, also a resident of Janakpuri, who “mysteriously” fell down from the local district centre on Saturday evening.
“I left Delhi for Mumbai on Saturday night. The same time, the incident happened. My absence from home further added to the confusion. Several people assumed that could be due to some controversy we are deliberately denying it,” Kakkar told the Hindustan Times.
Relatives and friends started pouring in almost immediately after the news was flashed. “Even the local policemen were there,” she said.
The worst of all, says Kakkar, is that even after being informed of her well being, no news channel bothered to run an apology or a corrigendum. “There was a big breaking news that declared me dead but when I informed them I was alive, they just brushed the issue,” said Kakkar.
Her mother Kamlesh Kakkar, the first one to see the breaking news of her youngest daughter’s death, became speechless until the family rushed and called Neha to confirm. Despite talking to Neha several times on phone she has still not come out of the shock completely.
“As I was on my way to airport when a news channel first flashed this news she thought I probably died in a road accident. Thank God they got the confirmation before I boarded the flight. I wonder what might would have happened to my family if the news would have flashed after my boarding the flight and switching off the phone," said Kakkar who is now worried about how to inform all her sponsors that she is alive and ready to perform.
Kakkar turned 18 early this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch Indian Idol 5 Latest Videos

Enter your E-mail address :-

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers